Re: correct way to use pinning with stable, backports and unstable

On Sb, 06 apr 13, 18:28:51, John Holland wrote:
> I think I may not be doing this correctly. I want to install stuff with
> a preference for stable, then backports, finally unstable. I think I
> will do this with a file in /etc/apt/preferences.d. Can someone tell me
> the correct things to have in there?

I'm not sure you understand what you're asking, since there are several
potential problems with such a setup.

May I suggest you write to debian-user and include a detailed
description of what you want to achieve (not how you think you can
achieve it)?

Kind regards,
Andrei