Re: Package emacs24

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Er, I think Guilherme may just be asking for a backport, and
> wheezy-backports *is* open for uploads for packages that will almost
> certainly be in jessie.  At least at first glance, emacs24 would seem to
> qualify, if someone felt like doing the work.

Yes, I'm just asking for a backport to Wheezy (I just ignored Squeeze
because Wheezy is coming soon).

So sorry if it is not the best place to this kind of request.

> Note, though, that emacs24 has all sorts of possible implications for
> other elisp packages, so it may be a touch difficult to use a backport
> effectively.

Might be, but ELPA can be a workaround. ELPA is Emacs Lisp Package
Archive, that is now included in Emacs 24.

Thanks Russ and Neil!

Best,
Guilherme