Re: Backports integrated into the main archive

Le Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 02:17:06PM +0100, Alexander Wirt a écrit :

> > This integration opens the theoretical possibility to "migrate" a package from
> > testing to backports.  In the case of packages with good regression tests, this
> > would be economical for everybody.
> >
> > Is that something considered for the future ?
> I don't think so.
> I never want to get lost of the "human" component in the process.

Sorry, I have used misleading words: I should have wrote "copy" instead of
"migrate".

What I meant is: the developer tests the package on his own computer as
throuroughly as if he built it, and then decides to copy from suite to suite
instead of build and upload a backport.  I am not proposing an automated
migration like the one from unstable to testing.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan