weechat-curses_0.3.7-1~bpo60+1_armel: Aborts with *** glibc detected *** weechat-curses: corrupted double-linked list: 0x001acc60 ***

On my armel based plug computer running Debian squeeze, I upgraded to the
backported weechat 0.3.7.  Upon starting weechat-curses I immediately get the
following error:

*** glibc detected *** weechat-curses: corrupted double-linked list:
0x001acc60 ***

The previous backport ran fine on the same computer.

Any ideas as to whether this bug could be caused by something on my computer
or it is a more general problem with the backported program + architecture
(the backport runs fine for me on amd64)?

Please CC any replies to me, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

--
Regards, Kaare