Re: libreoffice: US Letter selected when A4 present in /etc/papersize

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 02:14:07PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 02:12:03PM +0200, A Bug Reporter wrote:
> > Yes, I have it installed. Your suggestions seem to have helped for
> > which I thank you, but these things should work out of the box.
>
> It *does*. I didn't have anything to configure here to get A4 after a
> fresh install.

And note that libpaper-utils is recommended by libreoffice:

http://packages.debian.org/en/squeeze-backports/libreoffice:

rec: libpaper-utils
    library for handling paper characteristics (utilities)

and apt(itude) install those per default.

> > There are a large number of heuristics that could be used to to
> > figure out which paper format is likely desired by the user as a
> > default. The UI could also reflect a checkmark somewhere saying that
>
> Guess what? Those exist. (locale + paperconf + get the info from ppd + ...)

Still holds.

Regards,

Rene