Re: Kernel panic with linux-headers-3.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 15:45 +0100, Nick White wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 03:35:39PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > This really isn't going to be very useful without the earlier messages
> > which scrolled off the screen.  I'm afraid you probably will need to use
> > a serial console.  (I would normally suggest netconsole but this is
> > probably happening too early to use that.)
>
> Darn. OK. Any advice on what to read to get that working? This is a
> pretty new PC, with no real serial ports on it.

Another option is kernel parameter boot_delay=100, which will slow down
logging and should let you get a photograph of the first part of the
panic messages.  The '100' specifies a 100 ms delay between lines; you
can increase or decrease that as necessary.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Horngren's Observation: