Re: samba (2:3.6.1-3) squeeze-backports request

Quoting Peter Schaefer (peter.schaefer@gmx.de):

> This is great news! 3.6.2 fixed so many printing issues and with respect
> to CVE-2012-0870 3.6.3 is really the very first version usable for us with
> Windows 7 clients and SMB printing.

Well, I was quite safely using a 3.5.11 backport on my print server
pool that serves 300+ printers for about 1000+ clients (ranging from
Windows XP to Windows 7....we could even support W2K clients until the
print drivers we're using (HP Universal Postscript)  stopped being
supported on W2K clients.

I even included in squeeze's 3.5.6 several patches that are meant to
fix printing issues (mostly with Win7 clients) but some more might be
missing (I consider such bugs as "important" and thus worth an update
in stable, which has always been accepted by the SRM).