Re: wishlist - kmymoney 4.6.2-1 for squeeze backports

On Wednesday 29 February 2012 00:20:32 Matt Palmer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:17:37PM +0000, sharon kimble wrote:
> > Thanks for the backports and all the work you have done supplying new
> > versions for aging distros!
> >
> > I was looking for kmymoney 4.6.21 in squeeze-backports and it is not
> > there. wheezy has 4.6.21
> >
> > Reason: There have been many security patches in the upgrade.
>
> Security problems should be handled by updating stable, rather than
> slipping the changes into backports.  Have you notified the security team
> (security@debian.org; see http://www.debian.org/security/faq#contact and
> the question after that) of the existence and details of the problems in
> the package?
>
> - Matt
Thanks for this Matt, I'm still feeling my way round it all.

Perhaps I should've given the reason of 'bug fixes and enhancements' and not
security patches.

Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.5