Re: backport of nfs-utils 1.2.5-4 [was: Re: Installation error of nfs-common]

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 00:40:24 -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> Anyone have any suggestions for the right approach here?  I'm tempted to
> upload what i've got (it works for me, as i've already created
> /etc/insserv.conf.d/rpcbind, and it should also work for people with
> other init schemes like file-rc), but that seems a bit ugly with rough
> edges.

On further reflection, the work i've done does have some rough edges,
but they're less rough than what's currently in backports, so i've gone
ahead with the upload of nfs-utils 1.2.5-4~bpo60+1.

I still welcome feedback and suggestions for how to iron out that final
rough edge of how to tell insserv that rpcbind supplied $portmap without
getting into backporting all the /run transition.

(i welcome any other feedback on the nfs-utils backport as well, of
course)

Regards,

        --dkg