Re: ffmpeg-0.8 expects wrong preset file extension (.ffpreset instead of .avpreset)

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Pau Garcia i Quiles
<pgquiles@elpauer.org> wrote:

> What I would appreciate is that you create a new packaged named
> 'libav' and stop using the 'ffmpeg' package to install libav. That is
> causing confusion and trouble and is plain wrong. The ffmpeg project
> is very much alive, therefore there was no reason to use 'ffmpeg' as a
> transition package.

Have a look at: http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libav-tools

the 'ffmpeg' package is kept as transitional package because a) it
still provides /usr/bin/ffmpeg (for now, but this will go away with
libav 0.9) and b) a lot of other packages still depend on 'ffmpeg'.
Feel free to file bugs to get those updated.

--
regards,
    Reinhard