Re: samba (2:3.6.1-3) squeeze-backports request

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):
> Quoting Sven Hartge (sven@svenhartge.de):
> > On 17.02.2012 20:10, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> >
> > > Finally, samba 3.6.1 is now in backports.debian.org
> >
> > I'm sorry, but libpam-winbind is not installable:
> >
> >  libpam-winbind : Depends: libpam0g (>= 1.1.3-2~) but
> > 1.1.1-6.1+squeeze1 is to be installed
>

> Doh, it happened again (unfortunately, my usual test server is *not*
> using winbind).
>
> OK, adding this to my TODO pile: I need to remove the call to
> pam-auth-update from libpam-winbind maintainer scripts and then relax
> the dependency on libpam0g

I'm confusing things. *that* is not required. The only requirement is
dropping the versioned dependency (that was added because of
multi-arch support in libpam-winbind but multi-arch support is anyway
dropped from the samba backport). pam-auth-update *is* supported in
squeeze (it was not in lenny and I had to drop such calls when
backporting to lenny, in the past).