Re: /init: 239: mv: not found

On 01/25/12 12:02, Michael Tokarev wrote:
On 25.01.2012 05:31, off220@gmail.com wrote:
no, I don't have busybox istalled. I tried aptitude reinstall initramfs-tools but it didn't help either. I don't have /run. Should I create it?
/run isn't relevant here.

The bug is in initramfs-tools.  It uses mv utility but
klibc-utils which provides the utils does not provide
mv.  It has nothing to do with the kernel version (but
it sure can be triggered by different kernel version
or behavour).

Quick fix is to install busybox and regenerate initramfs
(and ensure busybox is not disabled in
/etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf).  initramfs-tools may
optionally use busybox instead of klibc-utils, and
busybox provides mv utility.

/mjt

I think I do remember this message, but it got eclipsed by the splash.