Re: squeeze-backports: facter has dependency on ruby-json

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 14:02:47 +0100, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@debian.org> wrote:
> "Simon,Mathieu" <mathieu.simon@koeniz-lerbermatt.ch> writes:
>
> > I realized I am currently not able to install puppet 2.7 from
> > backports since it depends on facter that is in backports too.

Actually, the puppet 2.7 that is in backports doesn't depend on the
facter that is in backports:

Source: puppet
Version: 2.7.6-1~bpo60+1
Depends: ruby1.8, libxmlrpc-ruby, libopenssl-ruby, libshadow-ruby1.8, libaugeas-ruby1.8, adduser, facter, lsb-base, sysv-rc (>= 2.87) | file-rc

You will notice above that there is no version dependency on facter,
just that 'facter' is required.

> > But facter in squeeze-backports has newly added dependency on
> > 'ruby-json' which is not present in backports yet.
> >
> > ruby-json is a package present in wheezy but not in squeeze.

Indeed, you are right. This is my fault.

> > Could the backport be fixed either by including ruby-json in backports
> > or by removing this dependency?
>
> The "ruby-json" package depends on libruby1.8 (>= 1.8.7.352), but works
> with no errors with the 1.8.7.302-2squeeze1 version of libruby1.8. The
> facter package then installs.
>
> Looks like a backport of ruby-json should work fine, after a dependency
> adjustment.

I've just uploaded a backport of ruby-json to backports, its pending NEW
approval, but should be available soon.

micah