Re: squeeze-backports: facter has dependency on ruby-json

"Simon,Mathieu" <mathieu.simon@koeniz-lerbermatt.ch> writes:

> I realized I am currently not able to install puppet 2.7 from
> backports since it depends on facter that is in backports too. But
> facter in squeeze-backports has newly added dependency on 'ruby-json'
> which is not present in backports yet.
>
> ruby-json is a package present in wheezy but not in squeeze.
>
> Could the backport be fixed either by including ruby-json in backports
> or by removing this dependency?

The "ruby-json" package depends on libruby1.8 (>= 1.8.7.352), but works
with no errors with the 1.8.7.302-2squeeze1 version of libruby1.8. The
facter package then installs.

Looks like a backport of ruby-json should work fine, after a dependency
adjustment.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@debian.org>