Re: nfs-kernel-server - can't get it to work due to nfs-common not configuring.

On 11/16/2011 12:31 AM, Phil Reynolds wrote:
> On 16/11/11 00:03, Nick Leverton wrote:
>> Apols if you've already checked, but have you got portmap installed ?
>> ISTR that at some point I had to install that and remove rpcbind in
>> order to use backports, but I can't remember at what version this was.
>
> The dependencies on the backported nfs are directly opposed to this -
> requiring rpcbind rather than portmap. So no, I haven't got portmap
> installed and it's not the answer to my problem.

the dependencies from the backported nfs-utils are copied from the main
packages -- they do indeed require rpcbind.  however, due to some od
dependency versioning, i think they install best if the portmap package
is in the "configfiles" state.

That doesn't explain the errors you're seeing though, afaict. :(

	--dkg