Re: nfs-kernel-server - can't get it to work due to nfs-common not configuring.

On 10/11/11 17:42, Phil Reynolds wrote:
> I installed kernel 2.6.38 (not gone to .39 yet due to the wider changes
> it needs) to fix a problem with my sound card. After doing so, I found
> that I could no longer access nfs served from the system.

Now on .39 - changes weren't that much wider as it happened.

I have resolved the earlier problem (by going one package at a time!),
but now get this when nfs-kernel-server starts:

Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsdrpc.nfsd: writing fd to kernel failed:
errno 111 (Connection refused)
rpc.nfsd: writing fd to kernel failed: errno 111 (Connection refused)
rpc.nfsd: unable to set any sockets for nfsd
 failed!
invoke-rc.d: initscript nfs-kernel-server, action "start" failed.

I have no idea what this means.

Can anyone advise me where I go from here?

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-debian@tinsleyviaduct.com