Re: dpkg_1.16.1.1~bpo60+1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog schrieb am Montag, den 07. November 2011:
> > I can easily tweak the .changes files to only upload dpkg-dev and
> > libdpkg-perl.
> >
> > Would you be ready to try this?
> Do we have an upgrade way to the new version that its unstable soon? I don't
> want an old version without updates in bpo.

The landing of multiarch has almost no impact on dpkg-dev and
libdpkg-perl. So if you want backports to follow the successive versions
of dpkg-dev/libdpkg-perl that will reach testing, it's perfectly possible,
yes.

The only caveat is that the next version of dpkg-dev depends a new perl
module (libfile-fcntllock-perl). We can either backport this module
too or I can revert this specific change (it's a single self-contained
commit):
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=commitdiff;h=d834b77b5d16e453b32bd36bbb5487c910e54280

Cheers,
--