Re: Backport of Kicad

Quoting "Georges Khaznadar" <georges.khaznadar@free.fr>:
So, Martin, each time you have priviledged information about which
release in the bazaar can be considered as good for publication

No, I only deduce it from the version of the published binary.

You can also ask kindly upstream developers to publish the source
tarball they used to create stable binaries. If they can do this
regularly, I can create a watch automaton to be notified as soon as a
packaging opportunity appears.

Yes, we should ask upstream to either publish a source archive
with every binary release, or, to publish the relevant bzr version,
so that one can easily fetch the right sources.

Last, but not least, can you hint me about the right revision to fetch
now from the bazaar to build a well-featured binary ?

No idea.

It would be nice, if the Kicad maintainers could put their
packaging in some VCS, i.e. {bzr,hg,git,svn}.debian.org/ This
would ease backporting etc. in the future.

Cheers

PS: Let's move the thread from -backports to -devel, in case it
is not related to backports anymore.