Re: Problem with 2.6.38 backport and bnx2 card

2011/7/24 Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org>:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 04:51:35PM +0200, Neil Williams wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:40:03 +0200
>> Vincent Maugé <vmauge@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The 4 juillet 2011 11:35, Vincent Maugé <vmauge@gmail.com> wrotte :

>> > Any comments on this request ?
>> > Broadcom network card are really common in Dell/HP servers.
>>
>> Contact the kernel team to see if a backport can be made:
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/firmware-nonfree.html
> I do not get why he should get a backport of a data package
> without any dependencies. The package can be directly
> installed by pointing APT to unstable non-free.
>

> --
> Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member
>
> See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

HI,

As I understand backports usage, the goal is to not use
testing/unstable on servers (as content package could be delete due to
update)
And regarding this particular package it has already been backported
in the past for lenny
(http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports/pool/non-free/f/firmware-nonfree/)

Regards,

Vincent