Re: Backports-RFA: hplip

On Mi, 2010-09-29 at 19:06 +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> as I am preparing migration of the only Lenny system to Squeeze, I will
> need someone else to take-over the backports of hplip within the next
> months. The backport is maintained in a branch in pkg-hpijs' SVN
> repository on alioth.
>
> If you want to take over the backport task, you need:
>       * membership in the pkg-hpijs project (can be get)
>       * knowledge of svn and svn-buildpackage
>       * a Lenny system connected to an HP printer for testing
>
> If you want to take over the backport, please send a reply to
> pkg-hpijs-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org.
>
> Please note that this does not need to happen immediately, but I cannot
> maintain it very much longer with sufficient testing (I usually print
> one page before an upload).

Given that there was a security update for hplip recently and it thus
needs an update, does anyone want to take it? I could in theory build
the packages, but I don't have anyone using it anymore (and no Lenny
installation), and thus would prefer if someone who uses them could take
over.
--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.