Re: Tmux 1.3.2 backport

Hi Romain,

You are right, the version in lenny-backports is�1.3-2~bpo50+1, this is the one i meant to refer to. I just tried installing it again and for some reason it installs alright now, while earlier it errored out saying that libc6 >= 2.7-1 was uninstallable. So while i'm not sure what changed in the meantime (i haven't installed or updated anything else), this problem seems solved.

Thanks for your swfit reply,
Olivier.

2010/12/30 Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>
Hi,

Olivier Keun <olivier.keun@gmail.com> writes:

> Some time ago, the Tmux backport was bumped from 1.2-4 to 1.3-2.

1.3-2 is the version in testing/unstable, the lenny-backports
version is 1.3-2~bpo50+1. (Same with 1.2-4 vs. 1.2-4~bpo50+1.)

> The problem is that while 1.2 ran fine with the Lenny libraries,
> 1.3 requires a newer libc6 which is a much more radical upgrade,
> affecting many other packages.

That's not correct, tmux 1.3-2~bpo50+1 depends on libc6 (>= 2.7-1)
on both amd64 and i386 (and the others, I guess).

Are you sure you're not trying to install the package from testing?
Please make sure that you have followed the instructions given on
http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/ and failing that, please
provide the output of `apt-cache policy tmux' on your system.

Thanks,
--
Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>
http://people.debian.org/~rfrancoise/