Re: new debian package (vmps)

Am 18.12.2010 05:29, schrieb Ozgur Karatas:
> Hi all,
>
> I created new debian package is OpenVMPS software. OpenVMPS is GPL
> licensed Cisco switches VLAN management daemon.
> I installed new package mentors.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/vmpsd/
>

> Please added vmpsd debian backports repos.

Ozgur,

that's not the way, how packages went into debian repositories. You
first need to get your package into the official debian repositories
and then create a backport from the version in unstable. Your
package can then get uploaded to backports at the time, the version
from unstable hit testing.

Cheers

--
PGP: 36D1 1570 DCAD B767 EABE F60D 6BCA 7AD4 79EB C4EC