Re: Opening Squeeze backports

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 02:49:16 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> If the package was in Lenny, and if you don't want a time gap between
> availability in Lenny, backports supporting Squeeze and having the
> package. This is why I asked about supporting Squeeze before it's out
> (because there's no way to have it at the same time, is it?).

So, this is actually an existential issue.  If you want a
squeeze-backports now, then you need wheezy to already exist, but
that's just not haw things currently work.  In the future (if the
"rolling" concept takes off), you may see a wheezy+1 alongside wheezy,
and thus it would be possible to provide a wheezy-backports before
wheezy is released.

If you're interested in that, you may want to work on CUT [0];
specifically with the people interested in rolling.

Best wishes,
Mike