Re: python 2.6 lenny backport

	Hi!

* Anthony Berger <abdeb@gmx.fr> [2010-12-10 10:42:12 CET]:
> I begin to backport python and the modules will be the next step.
> i have already backported the python-defaults package.
>
> I contact Fabio Tranchitella <fabio@tranchitella.eu> who worked on the
> backport :
>
> that's the response :
> Hi Anthony,
>
> you can find my backported packages (python2.6 and python2.7) here:
>
> http://packages.tranchitella.eu/public/
>
> Looking at those packages, you'll find the answer to your question about
> the missing symbols: they are not supported by the toolchain in lenny.
>
> I did not upload those packages to lenny-backports because I don't have the
> time to take care of them properly, though.

 This brings immediately the question: Do you (Anthony) plan to maintain
python2.6 and all the module packages for the remaining lifetime of
lenny-backports? It seems to be a bit more than a year from what I can
tell, depending on when the security team and the release team actually
plan to shut down lenny in the end.

 So it really depends on the amount of packages that you want to dump
into backports and your willingness to keep track of them for their
remaining lifetime, wether we are going to approve the uploads.

 Enjoy,
Rhonda
--
<dholbach> Last day of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek starting in
           34 minutes in #ubuntu-classroom on irc.feenode.net