Re: Opening Squeeze backports

Thomas Goirand schrieb am Friday, den 10. December 2010:

Hi,

> >> One of my package has been removed from Squeeze. Not because I wanted
> >> so, but because that's what the release team thought was the thing to
> >> do: I didn't agree, but never mind, it's done! :).
> >>
> >> I didn't really mind if there was backports for Squeeze. The thing is,
> >> is there the possibility to upload backports for Squeeze already? Not
> >> having such repo is annoying me already. I don't think so. So I'm
> >> asking: would now be the time?
> > No, squeeze backports will be opened if there is a squeeze.
>
> Would you please tell why such restriction? Also, what are my options to
> solve this issue if I don't want to force my users to use SID
> (especially at the time of the release, when there wont be Squeeze
> backports yet)?
This is not a restriction. Backports.org has support for stable und
old-stable (as long as it is supported). Testing is not a target, even if it
is frozen. As soon as squeeze releases squeeze-bpo will be opened for
uploads, we already have everything prepared.

Alex
--
Alexander Wirt, formorer@formorer.de
CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A