Re: nvidia for backported kernel

Hi,

I'll have to come up for a solution to this (on i386 only) for a customer
project anyway...

On Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2010, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Backporting the NVIDIA packages to stable is difficult because of
> substantial changes to how ia32-libs works

thats only relevant for amd64, right?

What would you (all) think about i386 only backports in lenny-backports then?
Rather not? Or see it as a first step ;)

> and because a lot of the
> cleanup of the packages requires a fairly new version of dpkg.

Humpf. Is that mentioned sufficiently verbose in changelog? ;)

> It should be much easier to maintain backports for squeeze going forward,
> and the current NVIDIA packaging team have some tentative plans to do so.

That's great, but not an option for those needing lenny with 2.6.32 and nvidia
now... 2.6.26 is not really an option due to other hardware support needed :/

cheers,
	Holger