Re: nvidia for backported kernel

On 6 December 2010 23:29, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

>> Are NVidia (proprietary) or nouveau drivers available for lenny with
>> the backports kernel?
>>
>> Just need to run a dual screen setup.
>
> I think you can use the dkms backport and the nvidia-kernel-dkms version
> from unstable.

You mean I can just install the dkms backport package and then the
binary nvidia-kernel-dkms package from unstable?

OK, but what version of other nvidia driver packages (nvidia-glx etc)
do I install? Versions from unstable are unlikely to work in lenny,
and will lenny packages work with the kernel module from unstable?

(I tried to backport the nvidia drivers source package, but the build
has failed).

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik