Re: qemu-kvm

11.10.2010 19:54, David Cure wrote:

> 		Hello,
>
> 	I use lenny-backoprts qemu-kvm and I have trouble : I have 2 VM
> (linux and Windows 2003 Server) that work fine with qemu-kvm 0.12.3.
>
> 	I upgrade to last backports version 0.12.5 and now only my linux
> VM start, the windows one start but doesn't boot : I see on the console
> "Boot from hard disk" and after nothing (I try to boot with a CD that
> boot from the first hard drive but it's the same).

There was a bug in qemu-kvm which were triggered by libvirt.
(You didn't mention if you use libvirt or not).  See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/586175, also debian #588739
http://bugs.debian.org/588739 and a few other similar bugreports.
If it's the problem you're facing, either reinstalling (or updating
install) of the guest or some hexedit mentioned in LP#586175 may
help.

Other than that, I don't know any other issues that makes windows
unbootable after 0.12.3=>0.12.5 update.  But I haven't seen what
bpo version of qemu-kvm look like, -- I'll take a look in a few
moments.

Thanks!

/mjt