Re: etch backports

        Hi!

* Jason Tan Boon Teck <jasontn@gmail.com> [2010-10-06 21:29:46 CEST]:
> Is the method to install backports-etch the same as the current
> backports-lenny, i.e. add to sourcelist and perform aptitude install?
> Or do we have to download and install the deb files together with its
> dependencies deb files, followed by dpkg?
>
> Sorry for asking such a basic question but I couldn't find any
> specific instructions. Thanks in advance.

 There is no specific instructions because etch-backports is archived.
If you have to ask for these instructions you really should finally
upgrade to lenny because I fear you have no clue what you are getting
into with running a distribution that hasn't received any security fixes
since well over a half year. Any hint into the direction will
potentially do you more harm then help.

 Again: If you have to ask you really should leave etch behind.

 Please ugrade finally,
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."