Re: Squeeze backport suite names (was Re: New Backports Suite created)

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Michael Gilbert
<michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:41:09 +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>> As every other suite it needs people that read the docs. And we won't change
>> the name, so please stop to try.
>
> OK, I really don't want prolong this discussion since there is
> obviously way too much inertia. I accept the current system as is for
> lenny. However, would it be possible to consider/debate this for
> squeeze-backports-* since those suites have yet to be set up?

A naming scheme has already been chosen.  Changing it between releases
will just cause confusion.  Considering that one will have to read
instructions to find out about the suite in the first place and those
instructions will describe the intent of the suite, why does the name
matter so much that you would still like to see it changed?

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>