Re: New Backports Suite created

Michael Gilbert wrote:
> As an outsider, I have no idea what sloppy means.

I wasn't there and I don't know but I feel sure that the name sloppy
has roots in the volatile-sloppy repository.

  http://www.debian.org/volatile/

    What is debian-volatile/sloppy?

      For packages in the volatile section of the debian-volatile archive,
      we try to ensure that newer versions do not introduce functional
      changes or require the administrator to modify the configuration
      file. Software which cannot be upgraded painlessly will end up in the
      section volatile-sloppy.

Bob