Re: Considering a backport of po4a 0.40-1.

On 2010/8/15 Charles Plessy wrote:
> Dear Alexander, po4a maintainers, and everybody,
>
> I prepared backport of po4a 0.40-1 (currently in Squeeze). It builds fine on a
> lenny-backports chroot without modifications. I installed the package and
> tested it briefly with the PO plugin of ikiwiki (no problem detected).
>
> Since I am not the one who prepared the previous backport, and since I
> do not follow development closely, I prefer to ask. May I upload it?

Hello Charles,

I am one of the upstream maintainers of po4a.  I released po4a 0.40
with a very short delay for translators to update their translations,
the deal was that they have a much longer string freeze in 0.40.1.
This new version will be released on 2010-08-25, can you please wait
for a couple of weeks and backport 0.40.1 instead?  This version
contains only documentation and translation updates (with one
exception to avoid wrapping French manual pages at '\ ' characters).

Denis