Re: Is Redmine installation broken?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:15:31 +0200
Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

> Vyacheslav Semushin schrieb am Monday, den 12. July 2010:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > After backporting rails 2.3.5 Redmine installation fails for me:
> >
> > root@red:/# apt-get install -t lenny-backports redmine
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree... Done
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> >   redmine: Depends: rails (< 2.3) but 2.3.5-1~bpo50+1 is to be installed
> > E: Broken packages
> apt-get install rails ; apt-get -t lenny-backports install redmine should
> work.
>
> Alex

Hello,

I have another problem with lenny backports, quiet annoying:
aptitude full-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  rails-ruby1.8 redmine
  libtext-format-ruby1.8{a} libtmail-ruby1.8{a}
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  irb{u} libmocha-ruby{u} libpgsql-ruby{u} libredcloth-ruby{u} libsqlite3-ruby{u}
  rails
1 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 5 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 312kB of archives. After unpacking 28.0MB will be freed.
  rails-ruby1.8: Depends: libactiverecord-ruby1.8 (= 2.3.5-1~bpo50+1) but it is not installable
  redmine: Depends: rails (< 2.3) but 2.3.5-1~bpo50+1 is to be installed.

Remove the following packages:
rails
redmine

Keep the following packages at their current version:
rails-ruby1.8 [Not Installed]

Score is 199

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.

When I want to install rails as suggested, it tells me :
  rails: Depends: rails-ruby1.8 but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

When I'm trying to install rails-ruby1.8, it tells me:
  rails-ruby1.8: Depends: libactiverecord-ruby1.8 (= 2.3.5-1~bpo50+1) but 2.1.0-3 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

... and so on.

I installed redmine 2 weeks ago, and it worked just fine... did the package change ? or its deps ? I saw there's some changes in ruby version on backports, maybe there's a problem in here ?

Thank you.

--
Cédric Jeanneret                 |  System Administrator
021 619 10 32                    |  Camptocamp SA