Re: Backport apache2 version >= 2.2.12 ?

Hello Paul,

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 14:34, Paul Muster <paul@muster.dyndns.info> wrote:
> Jan Wagner schrieb:
>> On Friday 23 April 2010 07:26:17 Sandro Tosi wrote:
>
>>> Sadly, our work project stopped due to the high number of users with
>>> XP or IE<7 (that we can't ignore, bah)
>>
>> Same for our scenario! :(
>
> Now that Microsoft themselves announce their goal to "destroy" IE6 (
> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/358276/microsoft-man-my-job-is-to-destroy-ie6
> ) - will there be a next attempt to backport apache2 with SNI and
> include this in the official bpo-repository?

It's not the problem of what Microsoft stops to support, but what the
the users is using. Until at least 60% of our windows users is on a
system not supporting SNI (ie XP and/or IE6) we can't implement it (so
I don't have time/interest to maintain this backport).

Of course, the source packages are there, so anyone willing to support
it is more than welcome to upload to bpo (after another round of
update and maintainer consultations).

Regards,