Re: smbpasswd won't create smbpasswd file

Quoting Aniruddha (mailingdotlist@gmail.com):
> I noticed that running '# smbpasswd -a root' won't create a smbpasswd
> file in /etc/samba or anywhere else. This appears to be a bug in
> backports samba package.

Since when?

Can you reproduce this on an unstable machine (I have weird problems
locally with smbpasswd but I wonder wheter this is a local
configuration problem or something much more worrying: in short
"smbpasswd <user>" ran as root just stays for ages after typing the
password and its confirmation).