Re: Additional dependency for Samba?

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):
> Quoting Thomas Preud'homme (thomas.preudhomme@celest.fr):
>
> > It's in the libpam-runtime package but the pam-auth-update binary is not in
> > the etch version of the package (even in the source package). So I guess
> > another command was used.
>

> Bah. This is something that was left aside when I resynced backports
> and unstable. These PAM-related changes have to be done for every
> backport and I apparently failed to merge changes properly in postinst
> scripts.
>
> I'll reupload today with a fixed postinst.

It's rebuilding right now. Will be uploaded during the day.

In the meantime, users stuck with this problem should remove the
"pam-auth-update" call from /var/lib/dpkg/info/winbind.postinst and
run "dpkg --configure --pending". You can also drop
/var/lib/dpkg/info/winbind.prerm

Sorry for the trouble. Handling so many branches of packages sometimes
brings such s**t.