Re: python2.6 backport

Hi,

I've been waiting to have some time to get working on a python2.6 backport.
It turns out that for now, as far as I can tell, the python2.6 packages in testing, at least the ones providing python, not extra modules, can install just fine on lenny. The only thing you need to do is pull libdb4.8 from backports and you're done.

In light of that I'm assuming that for now python2.6 should not be pulled into backports until there are actual changes and dependency differences between the testing and the possible backports package?

I only realised the above thanks to a friend who pointed it out on IRC only after I had created a full build environment and had started building from the .dsc-file. Too bad but at least I've had the exercise and I have an environment ready to package python2.6 should the need arise to maintain a separate backports package.

--
Daniele Sluijters