Re: linux-kbuild-2.6.32

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Buehl, Reiner <reiner.buehl@hp.com> wrote:
> There used to be a bug report for this but I think the answer was that packages that can be used without porting will not be added to backports or so. I personally think this is not the way it should be, but for the time being it is sufficient to just download the linux-kbuild-2.6.32 package from testing and install it.

This one scenario has been my only real problem with using
backports.org so far.  Dependencies like linux-kbuild-2.6.32 and
"matching set" packages need to be grandfathered into lenny-backports
for one major and obvious reason - we use backports and not testing.

Changing /etc/apt/preferences and sources.list in order to make
package downloading from the testing pools would complicate lots of
things as well as expose new testing packages to a lenny base which
would inadvertently request installation of libraries and dependencies
outside of lenny/lenny-backports.

- Shane