Re: Backporting FFmpeg, Was: Packages Vlc 0.9

Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> I strongly believe that we can work around that issue by re-introducing
> the old function calling the new function. [...]

The bug log for #512946 says this has already been done by upstream,
uploaded Feb 04 version 3:0.svn20090204-1.

> [...] But beware,
> this combination (old packages and newer ffmpeg) has not been tested by
> anyone.
This sounds quite solvable. The backporter should certainly test it and,
if needed, upload to e.g., people.d.o and ask for other testers before
uploading to bpo.