Re: Request for Flash Player 9.0.151.0 on Etch

Am Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2008 09:15, schrieb Gerfried Fuchs:

> 	Hi!
>
> * bugtracker@slideomania.com <bugtracker@slideomania.com> [2008-12-09
16:42:22 CET]:
> > E: Failed to fetch
> > http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/f/flash-player-amd64/flashplay
> >er-mozilla_9.0.151.0-0.0_amd64.deb:
>
>  Beg your pardon, I don't want to disturb you, but I fail to see the
> connection of debian-multimedia.org with backports.org?
>
>  Thanks for enlightning me,
> Rhonda

I'm sorry for the confusion. I accidentially used the wrong e-mail address
(not my subscription address) for posting, so my original mail will be held
back until moderator approval.

Since both backports.org and debian-multimedia.org provide a package for
Adobe's Flash Player, I directed my request at both.

The original request was:

<quoting myself>

Hi there,

an updated "Flash Player 9 for Unsupported Operating Systems" [1] has been
available from Adobe [2] for a while now, which fixes some security
vulnerabilities [3].

I'd like to ask if there are any intentions from the maintainers [CC] to
provide updated packages of flashplugin-nonfree for backports.org respective
flashplayer-mozilla for www.debian-multimedia.org, and if there are none,
then I'd like to request them. ;-)

As far as I know, Etch doesn't provide the required libs for Flash Player 10,
so there should be some interest from users running stable on their desktops.
Also please don't forget the packages for amd64.

Thank you.

[1] Flash Player 9 for Unsupported Operating Systems:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb406791&sliceId=2

[2] Linux Flash Player 9:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/current/9/install_flash_player_9.tar.gz

[3] Adobe releases Flash Player 9.0.151.0 after all:
http://www.heise-online.co.uk/news/Adobe-releases-Flash-Player-9-0-151-0-after-all--/111902

</end quote>

FYI, flashplayer-mozilla from debian-multimedia.org now installs fine. My
thanks to Chrstian.