gitosis breakage in backports

Hi Paul,

thank you for using Debian and taking the time to file a report when
gitosis broke.
The reason for the problem you are observing lies with gitosis.
During investigation of the bug report, I observed that the problem does
not occur when installing only python-setuptools first and then
installing gitosis.
As the problem only shows in the backports.org packages, I'm including
the backports-users support mailing list and the Micah Anderson, the
Developer responsible for the backport, in the CC. These two - in
particular the list - is the address to send backports.org-related
problem reports to as they're the ones who can best help you.
Nonetheless, the issue you have encountered stems from a (less critical)
problem with the package in Debian testing and unstable and your report
helps weed it out there, too.
Thanks!

Kind regards

T.