Re: thanks for the debhelper 7.0.15 backport

Ivan Shmakov schrieb am Dienstag, den 16. September 2008:

> [...]
>
>  >>> http://micha.lenk.info/debian/etch-backports/debhelper_7.0.15~bpo40+1.tar.gz
>
> [...]
>
>  >> Well, was there any reason for packaging the whole .git/
>  >> subdirectory into .tar.gz, anyway?  I guess, you've had to use
>  >> something like the -I.git option to dpkg-buildpackage(1)?
>
>  >> The interdiff looks otherwise quite sane, if I didn't miss anything.
>  >> Why not to include this one into etch-backports?
>
>  >> As a matter of test, I've successfully build a backport for openldap
>  >> 2.4.10-3 with this version of debhelper.  (I'm going to make this
>  >> backport available shortly.)
>
>  > After the last disaster not after a good review.
>
> 	At least, I've checked the package to install correctly on an
> 	backports-enabled host, and allows to successfully build the
> 	openldap package.
>
>  > .git inside is at least not promising....
>
> 	Could you please check the interdiff as well?  At a first
> 	glance, it seems just like that only the relevant changes were
> 	reverted, as in:
interdiff is not that usefull on a native package. But I had a review without
the .git. What I saw is very promising. Micha: can you provide me with a
package without .git directory? (use git-buildpackage or exclude them).

Thanks
Alex

--
Alexander Wirt, formorer@formorer.de
CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A