Re: Backport Request: gnucash

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 13:07 +0000, Nathan Watson-Haigh wrote:
> Bart Martens wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 13:48 +0000, Nathan Watson-Haigh wrote:
> >> I've successfully built gnucash 2.2.3-2 from testing on etch.....and
> >> it all went ok, except a dependancy needed to be changed from
> >> libgoffice-0-dev to
> >> libgoffice-1-dev to work with Etch and the following needed to be
> >> changed:
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=444950
> >>
> >> I'm not experienced enough to get the package up-to-scratch to be
> >> uploaded, but wondered if someone who is, could spend the time to do
> >> this and make
> >> an official backport?
> >
> > Here's some info on how to make a good package for backports.org:
> > http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute
> >

> I've seen this, but I'm not that experienced with building
> packages....is there a good tutorial that I might follow which will
> give a suitable
> backport (ready for upload) from source obtained from testing?

Here's a guide for new packagers:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

But from what I read in your previous message your package seems almost
ready for upload to backports.org.  It is probably just a matter of
adding some minor changes to make your package conform to the rules
mentioned here:
http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute

It's really not so difficult, and I'm sure you'll find someone willing
to review and upload your package. :)

Regards,

Bart Martens