Re: cannot reach syncproxy.backports.org

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:25:47AM +0100, Karsten Heymann wrote:
> I've just set up an internal bpo mirror for our servers. But as I
> noticed today, for the last few days I was unable to access
> syncproxy.backports.org. The sync-bpo.sh script taken from the mirrors
> page returns:
>
> Starting at Tue Jan  8 07:01:00 UTC 2008
> rsync: failed to connect to syncproxy.backports.org: Connection timed out (110)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104) [receiver=2.6.9]
> Done at Tue Jan  8 07:04:09 UTC 2008
>
> As the configuration used to work for some days, I guess there is some
> problem on the bpo server.

Our mirror didn't have any obvious problems the last few syncs at the
following times:

Tue Jan  8 13:43:53 UTC 2008
Mon Jan  7 23:40:38 UTC 2008
Mon Jan  7 22:41:51 UTC 2008
Mon Jan  7 20:44:28 UTC 2008
Mon Jan  7 13:52:27 UTC 2008
Mon Jan  7 12:54:10 UTC 2008
Mon Jan  7 08:40:31 UTC 2008

Unfortunately we had no sync around the time your problem today
happend, but at least yesterday there shouldn't have been any big
downtime of syncproxy.backports.org.

Did you try to ping or traceroute syncproxy.backports.org? You could
also try it from some other computer in the same network to locate the
source of the problem.

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert@phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 2668
IT Support Group, HPR E 86.1              voice:   +41 44 633 4189