Re: logcheck-database conflicts with amavisd-new

* Andras Galos <galosa@netinform.hu> [2007-11-29 14:45:26 CET]:
> The new logcheck (1.2.63~bpo40+1) package conflicts with amavisd-new
> (< 1:2.5.2-1), but there is no newer version in etch nor in bacports.org.
>
> Logcheck's changelog says:
>
> logcheck (1.2.63) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Conflict with amavisd-new (<< 1:2.5.2-1), since amavisd-new now
> maintains its own filters. Thus, remove them from this package.

 Erm, I don't follow that reasoning. Shouldn't rather amavisd-new
conflict with older logcheck versions because it takes a file from
there? What's the rationale to put a conflict into _logcheck_ for that?
Or do I get the later reply from madduck that this conflict got removed
because it doesn't make sense?

 So long,
Rhonda