Re: Miro backport?

* Nick Nassar <nassar@pculture.org> [2007-11-01 17:08:25 CET]:
> I'm a Miro developer. Our app is currently in sid, and also we'd like to
> make a backport for Etch available.

 I don't see any reason for an exception to the rule that only packages
from testing gets onto backports, not from unstable.

> If we offer to help get it working, would you host the backport in
> your repository?

 How about asking the package maintainer to provide the backports? I
would expect Uwe to be pretty helful for that, after all he maintains
the package for the main pool already. Did you try to contact him about
it? If not, why not?

 So long,
Rhonda