Re: Please don't upload to sarge-bpo anymore

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Now I wonder which way is better - keeping the current sarge-backports
> as it is and introduce the new suite for "gets new packages".

although some people repeatingly uploaded unstable backports to
sarge-backports in the pre-etch phase, the health of sarge-backports is
better than i though, means, there are currently only 9 packages in
sarge-backports which are newer than etch; but three or more of them are
from etch-security.

therefore i suggest to replace those few too new packages from
sarge-backports with proper backports from etch to restore the sanity of
the sarge-backports suite. those few too new packages can be reuploaded
to the new created suite.

this way, people wanting to *go further* than etch, breaking
sarge-backports -> etch upgrade path, need to specifically enable this.
everyone else will be save (except for the users of those few packages,
but these are certainly less users to handle than everyone else).