Re: not later than in testing

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:32:37AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Keith Edmunds schrieb am Mittwoch, den 09. Mai 2007:
>
> > On Wed, 9 May 2007 09:49:46 +0200
> > Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:
> >
> > > we
> > > also decided to allow versions from lenny into sarge-bpo, otherwise it
> > > would be pretty useless.
> >
> > I disagree that it would be 'useless'.
> >
> > Could someone who supports the idea of post-Etch packages being present in
> > sarge-backports please explain how to upgrade a system (that contains such
> > packages) to etch?
> As I said before: stop using them now.

But, as pointed by somebody else, it's not possible to switch all the
machines one administers overnight. Stop using them now would mean no
security until sarge+bpo machines are upgraded to etch.

So afaics users essentially have to chose between hasty upgrades, lack
of security, or lack of clean upgrade path.

Maybe I'm missing a 4th way though.