Re: Tips for setting up own repos?

--On March 6, 2007 12:35:18 PM +0000 Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:

They're not broken.  APT can deal with mini-dinstall's simple layouts as
well as the standard Debian archive layout.  Look at the manual page
under "archive_style" to find out how to write the APT sources lines.

mini-dinstall still produces broken archives for etch since APT is looking for the signing information completely differently from how mini-dinstall tries to generate it by default. That's the biggest reason why I want to get away from mini-dinstall is I'd have to write a bunch of custom signing code to generate proper release files and sign them for APT to work and be able to verify things in the same way it does the main archives.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. - Anne Morrow

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler