Building with pbuilder was: submitting backported ntfs-3g ?

On Thursday 04 January 2007 12:01, you wrote:

> > > No, that's not true; backports are only installed when requested
> > > explicitly, and pbuilder keeps track of that.
> >
> > My question is: how do I explicitly request a backport to be installed
> > within the pbuilder environment?
>
> Use the right versioned build-depends

OK, I'm trying to make out the exact steps... Let's say I already have the
source packages and the ds file (the package builds all right). ANd I have
pbuilder installed.

First I do

pbuilder create --distribution sarge --mirror ftp://ftp.ie.debian.org

But then I need to add the backports.org to the pbuilder environment; how do I
do that? I assume I would not untgz the base.tgz file and change it?

Also: pbuilder refuses to run that create command as user, as it tries to
write to /var/cache . Do I really have to run it as root, or is there some
other way, i.e. do a chown on /var/cache/pbuilder ?

Sorry for so much asking, but I really do want to contribute the backported
ntfs-3g package and apparently I never did it right before.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik